Directions for Glaze:
Stir all glaze ingredients together until the desired consistency is reached. If too thin, add more sugar and cocoa, if too thick, add more tea.
Directions for Biscotti:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F, and be sure the rack is placed in the center.
2. Toast the sliced almonds on a baking sheet until just barely golden, about 7-8minutes. Let cool completely before adding to biscotti mixture. Save 2-3 Tbsp for topping.
3. Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl: flour, baking powder, salt and sugars.
4. Lightly whisk all wet ingredients together in a large bowl: Eggs, olive oil, extracts, and zest or powder.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated.
6. Fold in the toasted almonds.
7. Divide the dough into two portions and shape each into a log of about 12” long and 3”wide. Be sure to dampen your fingers so that the dough does not stick to you.Place the logs side by side onto a baking sheet.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for about 20-30 minutes before cutting.
9. Place the biscotti logs onto a cutting board and use a bread knife or very sharp chopping knife to slice into 3/4” wide pieces. Cut each piece in half, if you wish, for smaller portions.
10. Place each slice onto the backing sheet, standing upright. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until the desired texture is reached.The longer you bake them, the crunchier they will get
11. Place on a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
12. Once cooled, dip one end of each piece into the chocolate tea glaze. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.