• Preheat oven to 360 degrees F
• Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tray with baking or parchment paper
• In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until combined, approximately 2-3 minutes.
• Add vanilla extract and eggs; mix until combined
• Sift in flour, along with all the spices; mix gently with a wooden spoon until combined
• Transfer mixture into prepared baking tin, spreading it out to make one even layer, and pop into the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges
• Leave for 10-15 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a wire rack to cool completely